Berlin is the largest city of Germany by both area and population. it is one of the most attractive cities in Europe, especially for her world-renowned nightlife.
What to visit ?
- The Reichstag: This is the seat of the Central Parliamentary Institution Republic of Germany since 1999. The visit is free and that’s good because the view and the architecture are worth it.
- Bradenburg door: The most iconic monument in Berlin. It was inaugurated in 1791. And since then it has known all the significant moments in the history of this city such as the construction of the Berlin Wall or the 2nd World War.
- The Television tower (Fernsehturn Berlin): One of the most famous monuments in Berlin designed by Carl Gotthard Langhans. Located at the Alexanderplatz it is the tallest building in Germany (365m).
- Holocaust Mahnmal: Il s’agit d’une œuvre d’art formé de 2711 stèles de bloc de pierre. Elle a été réalisée par l’artiste Peter Elsenman en mémoire des victimes Juifs assasinés en Europe.
- The wall of Berlin: Near the Oberbaumbrücke, it’s the longest unbroken section (1.3km) that has remained intact since the fall of the wall in 1989. There are many works of street art there. The most famous being the kiss between Honecker and Brezhnev.
- The Island of Museums: A World Heritage Site, this museum was created on the initiative of King Frederick William III in the 14th century. It bears witness to a century of cultural policy that has led to the creation of one of the most important collections of works of art in the world.
Where to have food?
- Mustafa Kebab: Probably the best kebab in Berlin! It is a Turkish specialty created in Germany. Victim of its success, every day there is a queue (often more than 30 minutes) to taste this dish. Reassure yourself, happiness is at the end.
- Curry BAUDE: This restaurant is famous for its currywurst. It is a 100% Berlin specialty: a sausage served with a ketchup curry sauce with or without bread. If you have a small budget then this is the perfect meal for you.
- Lebensmittel in Mitte: Typical German restaurant. The most famous dishes are Schnitzel and Kartoffelsalat. Very good and the prices are correct.
- Balhaus Clärchen: It is an old ballroom, opened in 1913, transformed into a restaurant. It offers dancing evenings on various styles: tango, salsa and rock. It is famous for its pizzas and German specialties.
Where to have drinks ?
- Bar tausend: this bar is located under the train tracks near the Friedrichstrasse Station. The entrance is quite hard to find if you don’t pay attention. Once you are under the train tracks, you’ll see two giants eyes, closer to the left eye there is the door. Behind that door you will find one of the coolest Bar in Berlin. The décor is very cool and creative, and the cocktails are excellent.
- Madame Claude: A must-see in Berlin! The design is delirious: the chairs, tables and paintings are upside down and glued to the ceiling. Very good music and the atmosphere is great.
- Club Der Visionaer: One of the trendiest places in Berlin. There are interesting programs with shows, poetry reading, concerts and exhibitions.
- Le Berghain: the most famous club in the world. Very hard to enter however once you are there it is the beginning of a special night.
- Week-End: It is a club that is located on the 12th and 15th floor of a building on Alexander Platz. The view of the city is stunning!